Posted by AllieB on June 9, 2011
There are still two weeks left of spring. That seems wrong, doesn’t it, given what’s going on outside right now – I’m pretty sure summer came in hot (wordplay!) like a month ago. Best learn to love it; we’ve got another 3-4 months to go. Captain Obvious is just trying to be helpful, so here are some things you can do to chill out:
- go see a movie! I am beyond excited for the following films: Horrible Bosses, The Help, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II, Cars 2…what are YOU excited about?! Here’s a list of upcoming flicks (flucks…don’t worry about it; it’s an inside joke)
- take a chill pill
- go swimming! Either avail yourself to an apartment complex pool or someone’s parents’ house. OR you could hazard the murky waters of the ‘hooch…or drive a few hours to Burton/Rabun/Toxaway (LINDSAY I can’t wait!!!)…or go to the beach! The beaches of the Florida Gulf are ever so lovely (MIRIAM, very excited about this as well), but I will always have a special allegiance to the Atlantic Coast -Tybee, Pawleys Island, and even Cape Cod…
- eat watermelon – either purely as fruit or as a vehicle with which to imbibe vodka. I’ve actually never done that and the only people I do see doing it are at Post apartment complexes and tend to have barbed wire/lower back body art…so maybe stick with the former.
- do NOT go for a yog at high noon. I don’t know why I just did that. Sometimes I make poor decisions.
- have a marg. Holy brain freeze, that looks phenomenal…AWD’s are a panacea for all weather-induced ailments.
MUY IMPORTANTE: thanks to your votes last week, Tex’s Tacos is one of the top five contenders for Best Food Truck in Atlanta. So now you need to vote - go to the link, click VOTE, and select Tex’s Tacos. Believe me when I say they deserve to win; I’d do just about anything for the carne asada…just about.
I’m getting borderline masochistic with this iPhone envy. Reason #352 why I need one: an App Shows Breast Implants Before and After. I mean, it’d be kind of interesting to see how things would turn out…obviously the app features a direct link to Facebook so you can upload your could-be-bod to your page, and “family and friends can weigh in on the new look.” That’s just dumb – I would immediately block the person who uploaded pictures of their fake fake boobs to tha Book…just email them. Duh.
Z3 has once again come through with BBT-worthy material – today’s gem: a coupon for half off at all Concentric Restaurants (One Midtown Kitchen, Two Urban Licks, Tap, etc) through September 1. You can print it out and carry it around on your person, or, if you’d like to join the rest of us in the new millennium, you can save the image to your phone and show it to your waiter. The coupon is for UNLIMITED use, which rocks. GO HERE for the coupon or just right-click on the image I’ve so nicely provided below.